Siphithemba (Siphi) – Food and Beverage Manager
Title 1: Food and Beverage Manager
Title 2: Operations Manager (Hospitality and Food Services Industry)
Background check: Yes
- Durban University of Technology
- BTech: Taxation (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting)
- I began my career in cost and management accounting.
- Moved to the procurement environment as an Operations Manager (client liaison).
- I spent two years helping manage a procurement project with the Department of Health under the Food Services unit.
- My main tasks were to perform due diligence in a number of hospitals reviewing procurement processes and then developing new guidelines as per the project mandate.
- I transitioned to the hospitality industry with a focus on acquiring greater customer interface experience.
- I have worked at management level and have led many teams in the process while being employed by some of the biggest franchise and hotel groups in South Africa.
- I enjoy planning, execution of those plans and performing analytical reviews.
- I also enjoy spotting trends that drive business success and building relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- I’m best at implementing business processes and achieving KPI’s. I have a hands-on operations approach.
Looking for opportunity in
- FMCG and Procurement
- I like an entrepreneurial setting, customer-centric, pressure-filled at times and working towards a shared vision.